PS Audio Sprout Amplifier
Scott McGowan grew up at the PS Audio factory, sharing his father Paul’s love of music and high-end performance audio; but disliked the complexity, cost and tangle typical of Audiophile systems. Why couldn’t he have the performance levels of his father’s creations packaged in a single, beautiful product he and his friends could afford to own? It should be powerful yet simple to operate. Its aesthetics should be inspired by the “less, but better” designs of Braun’s Dieter Rams and Apple’s Jony Ive. He would call it Sprout.
Sprout is a simple, elegant source of music for those who want quality sound without the hassles that come with it. Appealing to the eye and ear, solid and reassuring to the touch, Sprout’s user interface is human, providing feedback to the user and connection to the music. Sprout’s ease of use makes it appealing and accessible to music lovers around the world. It features a phono preamplifier for vinyl, a Bluetooth receiver for music streamed from smartphones, a high-quality hi-res DAC to handle anything stored on a laptop, enough power for any speaker, and a headphone amp that drives even the toughest loads.
Sprout is for those who care about their home, their music, and their enjoyment of music in their home. We believe there are a lot of such folks out there.
Full specifications on the PS Audio website.
- Full featured integrated amplifier
- 100 watts per channel power amplifier
- Drives any size loudspeaker
- Remote Control, brushed aluminum: Volume up/down, Mute on/off, Power on/off
- Preamplifier, RCA analog inputs, precision stepped volume control
- Fully asynchronous DAC supports up to 384/24 PCM or double rate DSD
- Passive EQ moving magnet phono preamplifier
- Low output impedance headphone amplifier
- TOSLINK optical digital input
- USB input
- RCA analog input
- Built-in Bluetooth receiver uses Sprout’s internal asynchronous DAC
- Manual input selector for all inputs
- Headphone output 32Ω: 500mW, 300Ω: 125mW (drives all headphones)
- RCA analog output
- Optional bass boost
- Dedicated subwoofer output, automated internal bass-boost switch
- Signal-to-Noise Ratio 100 dB at max power into 4Ω
- THD <0.01% (1 W, 1 kHz into 4 ohms)
- Indicator light
- Accessories Include: 6ft regional power cord, remote control, 4x banana adaptors, 2x Sprout Decal, Owner’s Manual
- Dimensions: 6.2″W x 8.2″L x 1.9″H