Chasing The Dragon - Big Band Spectacular - Reel To Reel Tape
Master Quality Reel To Reel Tape!
Exceptional Audiophile Sound as close to the Original Master Reference Quality as possible!
The UK’s leading big band, The Syd Lawrence Orchestra, were chosen by producer Mike Valentine for his exploration into the sound differences between direct cut vinyl and a multi-track analogue tape recording and mix done of exactly the same event. The album had to be recorded live so he had to choose a selection of music which would be of the perfect length.
Valentine chose a recording studio which not only had a superb sounding space, but also an engineer versed in the black art of cutting live vinyl. Ultimately, he chose Air Studios with engineers Jake Jackson and John Webber.
The Syd Lawrence Orchestra led by Chris Dean perform music consisting of eight pieces from the big band era, the creations of Glen Miller, Artie Shaw, and Benny Goodman played live at Air Studios. This 1/4″ Master Tape Copy was created from the 30IPS 1/2″ Running Masters at Air Studios.
• 1st Generation Reel to Reel Tape made from the Original Master Tape!
• Created from 30IPS 1/2″ Running Masters at Air Studios
• 1/4″ 15IPS CCIR
• Original Master Tapes recorded at 30ips onto ½” Tape
• Copy Masters are made using 2 Studer A820 Master Recorders
• Machines are connected with Zensati Seraphim Interconnect Cable for highest transfer quality
• All tapes use CCIR/IEC Equalization
• Originally mastered at Air Studios London
• Created using ATR Magnetics Tape Stock
• Housed in Heavy Duty Professional boxes
• Transferred and monitored by Chasing The Dragon Producer Mike Valentine
Syd Lawrence Orchestra
Chris Dean, conductor
1. Sing Sing Sing
2. Moonlight Serenade
3. Begin the Beguine
4. American Patrol
5. In the Mood
6. String of Pearls
7. Little Brown Jug
8. Anvil Chorus